This week, I decided to feature only 01 instagramer – because she is just THAT good! Her name is Jenn Elliot Blake and she is a freelance event designer, prop stylist and blogger located in Seattle, WA. Remember her lovely lady feature? Jenn recently wrapped up a trip to Morocco that was breath-taking. All of the colors, patterns, and stories. I may or may not have just spent like 30 minutes on Airbnb-Morocco, drooling over dream houses like this and this.
With a honeymoon around the corner, I’m going to bump this up to the top of my list. Bubba and I are getting married… 7 weeks from today but have decided to wait until he is done with his PhD to go on a big blow out trip. He will be done in less than a year so let the planning ( and saving ) begin!
I’m going to try and take it slow this week, deep breaths.
Apologies I’ve been so absent! I’ll share more of an update soon.
01. Sharon – A still life photographer based in NYC.
02. Made with Map – A visual mapping community celebrating people & their journeys!
03. Laure Joliet – Photographer. Lots of interiors. Lots of Los Angeles!
04. Nikki Garcia – Owner and designer of First Rite Clothing, SF based.
Hope you guys are having a killer week! Turns out vacation is awesome and it’s hard coming back to real life? Who would have guessed!? There were two things I loved most about being in Dream-Land-Mexico and away from my normal routine. 01 – I wasn’t sitting down in a chair all day. I was on my feet, running around, moving…!! My body was almost instantaneously happier. If only I could design a logo while exploring? 02. My head was so much more clear. I’m pretty ocd so when it’s time to work ( which is basically all the time ) my brain is on hyper-active / list-making / goal-achieving / self-improving / etc etc mode… I’ve only been back for a few days and I’m already exhausted again. Come on life…?? Mexico, where you at?
…some favs that helped get me back into the groove this morning!
01. Melissa Sonico – CA based writer
02. Stacy Longenecker – Founder of LEIF
03. Liz Gardner – Design Director for Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine
04. Justina Blakeney – Los Angeles based Designer, Author, and Mama
Taking a break from my super non-productive morning …looking at all these pretty ladies and what they have going on is providing a major surge of inspiration! Not only do I feel energized creatively to work hard and achieve rad things but I also want to throw on a cute hat and go look at all the pretty flowers and cactus in my neighborhood, ha.
01. Faithlord – Photographer & Stylist
02. What KT Does – Brooklyn based Illustrator & Painter
03. Martina Thornhill – Ceramic Artist
04. Caramelas Vintage – Vintage Boutique Owner
I told you I have Mexico on the mind – I can’t stop day-dreaming about margaritas, bright colors, hammocks, oh my… Let the count down begin – 3 months…. 3 months until lots-o-lounging and a much needed break + How great is that cactus bag?? Bravo Amelie!
01 Eva Kolenko – Bay Area photographer & friend :)
02 Ascot & Hart – Get your shop on!
03 Jen Gotch – Founder & Creative Director of ban.do <3
04 Amelie Mancini – Printing, sewing, & wood-working
Eat it up – they rock!!
See more here :)
01. Happy Mundane – Art Director & Blogger
02. Brooks Sterling – Designer, Photographer, and Marketing Expert
03. Brookandlyn – Creative studio of Mimi Jung and Brian Hurewitz
04. Emily Katz – Purveyor of Dreams as Reality :)
Spent the morning diving into other people’s accounts that truly inspire me! I thought I’d share a few of them :) I love realizing how different all of our lives are from day to day – down to what we put into our bodies to how we recharge in the evenings + It inspires me to question how I do things and if change would be good?
01. Taylor Hoff – A San Fran based Visual Merchandiser at Apple, Inc.
02. Mija – A Munich based Art Director & Blogger
03. Bettan Belen – A Stockholm based Yoga Instructor & Stylist
04. Hannahmas – Ever heard of The General Store ?
I thought I would kick it off with some new insta-favs!
Note: I worked all day today and it was great – but part of me feels like half the world is still on holiday break… relaxing & celebrating. Whatever your schedule is looking like, it’s almost the New Year and that means we get one more night of fun, right?? Bubba and I plan to eat LOTS of sushi and then keep it low key. It’s the first time in a long while that I don’t have some big party to go to or a sparkly outfit to put on. It’s gunna be great :)
01. Wide Eyed Legless – A stylist, designer and curator living in Minneapolis MN
02. Dani Anelisse – Graphic Designer & Photographer based in Mexico
03. Irene Kim – An Oakland transplant, judicious bricoleur, overall celebrator
04. Oh So Pretty – A blogger & lover of white!
Happy Monday! Did you guys have a good weekend? I did enough home-improvement to last me a lifetime. My momma is coming to visit this weekend so I was getting our guest room up and running. I installed new curtains, bought new bedding, & gave it a good deep clean! It’s so much work making a room look decent :) …sigh – cheers to a new week!
p.s. Enjoy these insta-finds!
As always, they rock.
01. Marsha Golemac- A talented stylist based in Australia
02. Lemon Glass – Lots of trees and blue skies – her feed is so soothing.
03. Cannelle Vanille – For food lovers!
04. Brooke Holm – A photographer who works with insanely talented stylist!
I just realized I am following 664 people on Instagram!
No wonder it takes me like 30 minutes to get through everything. Oops*
But of coarse, the list keeps growing because I keep finding awesome people :)
01. J. Tauritz – A man with style!
02. Bonnie And Neil – Do you love color?
03. Beci Orpin – A crafter indeed.
04. BOOK/SHOP – An amazing Oakland based shop.
It’s a good line-up this week.
I found some new favorites, that’s for sure.
p.s. I am just now starting to get into VSCO.
I can feel an addiction coming on.
01. Shelter Protects You – Karie Reinertson is an artist, designer, maker, and founder of Shelter
02. Melissa Green – An Oklahoma based photographer
03. This Is Paper Mag – An online magazine / shop
04. Esme Winter – Printed patterns that are designed and made in London
You can see all of them here.
01. Anna Cate – A Swedish blogger with wonderful taste in interiors.
02. Anna Korkobcova – A multidisciplinary Designer
03. Han Starnes – For all you knitters out there!
04. Ruthie Lindsey – Her feed is so full of life + cheer!
Also, I wanted to take a hot second to celebrate hitting 13k on Instagram. Honestly, I feel like I blinked and BOOM** I somehow acquired a seriously awesome following. If you are one of those people, thank you so much for giving me the chance to share things with you on a daily basis.